A handful of new features and updates for version 1.5.
Here’s the summary of changes:
- Removal of troublesome AOL gwseh.dll. Information on this can be found here
- Added more explicit removal of troublesome gtb.exe and gtb2.exe. More information here.
- Revamped uninstall functions to supply a “detect” feature. This allows the GUI to only show what programs it knows how to uninstall.
- Thanks to Vasken Hauri for:
Adding Uninstaller for Norton Internet Security and fixed an issue with McAffee that prevented uninstall in some cases
- Added GetSysInfo function that writes out specific registry entries upon first execution. This will be used for users who wish to send in info on their machine to make the program better.
I’d like to just highlight the last item on the list. The first time the PC De-Crapifier runs on a machine it will take a snapshot of RUN and UNINSTALL registry keys before it does anything. It saves this information to: c:\pc-decrap-reg.txt. If you have a brand new out of the box PC and you’ve run the De-Crapifier, but there’s still extra “goodies” that you think should have been removed, please zip and send the c:\pc-decrap-reg.txt file along with the name of the program(s) to: pcdc at yorkspace dot com. This will be particularaly helpful to improve the program. Especially if you have a non-Dell PC I could really use some more data.